Strong


Things couldn't be more fantastic around here.  The babies are healthy, my oldest daughter is out of school for the summer, and I get to stay home and enjoy them all.  But I'm afraid my time with them is coming to an end as I've started looking for employment.  I'm more afraid of not finding employment.  As I sit now I might be able to stretch another six months out of my savings, but I don't want to cut it close.

Clara continues to grow and thrive.  She's awake more now.  I remember a couple of months ago I worried she was going to sleep her life away.  Now it gets difficult to catch a break.

Her provider has us working on neck and trunk exercises so she can hold her head up on her own.  But, Clara can hold her head up.  She just often chooses not to do so.  If I hold her high against my shoulder, she holds her head straight up to check her surroundings.  If I prop her in a chair to sit up, her head flops over.  I don't quite get it.  But, that's Clara.  She doesn't explain her choices to me.

I don't believe I've written here since Clara's last hematology appointment, so I should report that a month ago her platelet levels were entirely normal--even on the high end of normal.  With that our doctor visits are finally slowing down.  She hasn't seen any doctors since that appointment.  For us that's a big deal since for a while we were having a couple of visits a week.

She is being put on a quarterly schedule to check her platelets and make sure they plan to stay normal.  That new schedule kicks off at 10 am tomorrow, and then tomorrow afternoon she goes to the cardiologist so we can look in on the hole in her heart.  Both appointments are routine.  This little girl is strong.



posted by Kel on ,

No comments

Popular Posts