Good Week


Without really having anything organized to write about (though if I had time I would organize around this) I'm writing for the sake of writing.  I've made myself a daily grade sheet, and it's a list of five items I want to accomplish each day.  Well, I want to accomplish at least four, and if I do that I give myself an A.  Three is a C, and anything less than that is unacceptable.  I've been unacceptable a few times in the last week so I need to improve on that.  But, one of my four items is writing.  Hello.

Art is also one of those items and I did get a chance to start a painting today, and possibly another one before the evening's over.  I did an overhaul of my art site and finally completed that last night and I can say that I'm quite excited to make an attempt at something new.  I'll know soon enough if I will fail or succeed.

But the grade sheet keeps me inspired to make tiny accomplishments each day.  It really does work.  I'm here, aren't I?  I'm trying to decide if I should have a goal with a reward if I reach it.  However, I just got a new laptop (old one died) so I feel I should actually be earning this; for a while, at least.

I'm potty-training Lxkas this week and we are off to a strong start.  Tomorrow I'm going to let him wear underwear all day.  I really think this is going to go quick with him.  He's such a little stinker.


And Wednesday Clara has her eye appointment.  Finally!  I expect we will receive good news there since we seem to be on a good news streak.  She is looking so good lately.  She's starting to get the chubby baby look and that helps me to relax knowing she's healthy and strong.  

Just a little note about this blog:  I've changed the first names of everyone I mention with the exception of Clara to have an "x" in place of the second letter of their name.  I found that if you Google my family you find this blog and that just felt a little odd to me.  I have given this url to a few people I know, but there are some people that I would be uncomfortable to have reading here.  You wouldn't think someone who blogs about intimate details of their life to the www would be a private person, but actually I am.  

Anyway, it's going to be a good week.  I just have a feeling.  

posted by Kel on , , , ,

1 comment

1 comment

Popular Posts