A Quickie


The day unexpectedly got away from me.  One minor errand after lunch that included a  few stops seemed to eat it all up, as today I discovered what it was like to run errands with a newborn and toddler under 2.  It wasn't fun.  Everything seemed to take ten times as long (I'm seriously asking myself if that is an exaggeration).  And then on top of the slow pace we have a winter storm coming in, so fastening and unfastening two babies from their car seats at each stop while the cold rain comes down on my back is quite... invigorating.  I'm sure it will be much smoother once that baby sling gets here.  I really need that baby sling.  Ugh!

I had a small list that I think I only got half way completed.  Among the items I missed was a phone call to Little Light House.  This is a child development center or day school of some sort for children with disabilities and it's been recommended to me several times now, but there's a waiting list.  I believe the wait is over a year long, so I need to schedule a tour and see if it feels like a fit for us.  This now goes on tomorrow's list.

And among my small tasks I managed to accomplish was grocery shopping.  We are stocked up on food and supplies should we get iced in.  Lxkas got to ride in the back of the cart while Clara was perched at the front in her car seat.  It was difficult keeping my eye on him as her car seat blocked him from my view and he wanted to open everything that went in with him.  The Reeses Puffs got hit a little hard, the eggs spilled once (but by a miracle none broke) and the pork chops have a finger pinch, but he didn't break the wrap.  I wish I had taken pictures, but in my pure frustration and non-enjoyment it didn't occur to me.

Oh, and now I have excellent news!  Sxylar just came home from school and brought in the mail.  One is a package--the baby sling!  Now I feel a renewed interest in venturing out with the tinies again. Part of my evening will be spent practicing it's use.

I really didn't have anything to blog about.  Mainly, I just needed to sit down and thought I would say a quick "hello."  Everything is fine again and I can smile.

posted by Kel on ,

No comments

Popular Posts