Countdown


This week has us in total preparation mode.  We have less than a week now to get everything ready for Clara.  One of the items on our list was getting Lxkas a new toddler bed so Clara can take his crib.  I found the cutest bed on Amazon, and it was scheduled to arrive today before 6 pm.  It's now 6:36 and there is no bed.  Perhaps there will be one more night in the crib for the big brother.

This is also the last week of doctor appointments for me.  I have three this week: two with the perinatologist to monitor Clara (one of which was this afternoon), and one with the OB on Friday so he can have one last look at me before I deliver on Sunday. 

Yes, we are scheduled to induce labor on Sunday at 5 am--just three weeks early.  Well, that's a lot better than it could have been.  And honestly, I'm going to feel better about her health once she is out.  I constantly worry that the umbilical cord isn't getting her what she needs (motherly paranoia, I'm sure). 

Anyway, everything looked fine today at the perinatologists, except that the cord doppler is still reading a bit high, but I guess it's in the acceptable range. 

On the way downtown I heard Phil Phillips song "Home" on the radio.  Every time it comes on it reminds me of Clara.  And me.  It reminds me of us.  And I am an awful hormonal mess because it had me in tears.  Gah. 



posted by Kel on

2 comments

2 comments

Popular Posts